Our expert hosts, Kate Moody and Ross Gallagher, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Bank of England plans to reject Revolut's bid for banking licence - 5:00
- Brite Payments launches instant payments network - 17:20
- Daylight, the LGBTQ+ neobank, calls it quits - 30:40
- Fifth Third acquires Rize Money - 39:50
- Jia, a blockchain-based lender of small businesses in emerging markets, raises $4.3 million seed - 50:30
- Starling Bank chief Anne Boden to step down amid record profit - 53:40
- Amazon's palm-scanning tech now lets you buy beer at a baseball game - 56:00
This week's guests include:
- Lena Hackelöer, CEO, Brite Payments
- Tom Bianco, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Embedded Payments, Fifth Third Bank
With soundclips from:
- Anne Boden, CEO, Starling Bank
- Zach Marks, Co-Founder, Jia
This episode is sponsored by Thredd
Global Processing Services (GPS), the payments platform trusted by the leading issuers to process billions of transactions a year, has changed their name to Thredd. Why Thredd? Thredd, because their tailored payment processing solutions are the thread that connects payments innovators of the future. Thredd, because they are true partners, becoming part of the fabric of your business as it grows. And Thredd because it just feels right. Find out more at Thredd.com.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Ross Gallagher, Benjamin Ensor, and Kate Moody - as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Bank of England plans to reject Revolut's bid for banking licence
- Brite Payments launches instant payments network
- Daylight, the LGBTQ+ neobank, calls it quits
- Fifth Third acquires Rize Money
- Jia, a blockchain-based lender of small businesses in emerging markets, raises $4.3 million seed
- Starling Bank chief Anne Boden to step down amid record profit
- Amazon's palm-scanning tech now lets you buy beer at a baseball game