725. News: Has Apple missed the Buy Now Pay Later boom?
Episode 913 · April 10th, 2023 · 50 mins 2 secs
About this Episode
Our expert host, Ross Gallagher, is joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Crowdcube and Octopus Investments are opening up retail investments in a new partnership - 5:20
- Apple Pay Later is finally launching - 16:35
- Investing app Acorns acquires kid-focused fintech GoHenry to expand in Europe - 28:50
- The Meltdown of a Gay Bank: What went wrong when an LGBTQ+ start-up set out to disrupt finance - 41:15
- Twitter changes logo to Dogecoin cryptocurrency image in apparent late April fool’s day gag - 43:00
This week's guests include:
- Jason Mikula, Publisher, Fintech Business Weekly
- Jonathan Keeling, Chief Growth Officer, Crowdcube
- Polly Jean Harrison, Features Editor, The Fintech Times
With soundclips from:
- Louise Hill, Co-founder & Chief Operating Officer, GoHenry
This episode is sponsored by Global Processing Services
At Global Processing Services – the expert partner in issuer processing – they take your security seriously. Their game-changing Fraud Advantage tool, powered by Featurespace, assesses fraud risks in milliseconds and uses AI and machine learning, to constantly adapt to stay ahead of emerging fraud threats. With their array of available fraud solutions at your fingertips, you can feel secure with GPS as your payment processing partner.
Find out more at www.globalprocessing.com/fraudmanagement
This episode is sponsored by Blinkist
The Blinkist app offers distilled audio content from over 5000 non-fiction books and podcasts, to get bitesized insights in just 15 minutes, across 27 different categories. Go to Blinkist.com/fintech to start your 7-day free trial and get 25% off of a Blinkist Premium membership. And now for a limited time you can even use Blinkist Connect to share your premium account with a friend or partner and get 2 premium subscriptions for the price of one. "
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Ross Gallagher, Benjamin Ensor, and Kate Moody - as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Send us your questions for the Fintech Insider Mailbag here
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
- Crowdcube and Octopus Investments are opening up retail investments in a new partnership
- Apple Pay Later is finally launching
- Investing app Acorns acquires kid-focused fintech GoHenry to expand in Europe
- The Meltdown of a Gay Bank: What went wrong when an LGBTQ+ start-up set out to disrupt finance.
- Twitter changes logo to Dogecoin cryptocurrency image in apparent late April fool’s day gag