705. News: Monzo has their U2 moment and Africa's newest fintech unicorn crowned
Episode 893 · February 13th, 2023 · 56 mins 28 secs
About this Episode
Our expert host, Benjamin Ensor, is joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Ahmed Mohsen, Chief Technology Officer, MNT-Halan
- Christer Holloman, Founder, Divido
- Kate Drew, Director of Research, CCG Catalyst
With soundclips from:
- Clare Gambardella, Chief Customer Officer, Zopa
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Monzo automatically opts in customers for Plus feature trial - 4:45
- Egypt's MNT-Halan is Africa's newest unicorn - 16:00
- 75% of LGBTQ+ startup founders hide their identity from investors, UK survey finds - 28:05
- BNPL Openpay goes under as creditors chase debts - 37:55
- Zopa secures £75m to kick off 2023 M&A - 47:50
- HSBC staff get a uniform of jumpsuits and jeans - 50:30
This episode is sponsored by ComplyAdvantage
ComplyAdvantage’s 2023 State of Financial Crime report is built on a global survey of 800 senior compliance professionals. It’s a clear-eyed look at how the financial services industry is preparing for the year ahead.
Download your free copy today to explore trends including environmental crime, crowdfunding, sanctions on Russia, and much more: https://hubs.ly/Q01zd6TT0
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Ross Gallagher, Benjamin Ensor, and Kate Moody - as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Send us your questions for the Fintech Insider Mailbag here
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!