674. News: Is Apple's big bank dream impossible?
Episode 859 · October 24th, 2022 · 59 mins 30 secs
About this Episode
Our expert host, Benjamin Ensor, is joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Alex Zivoder, CEO, GoHenry
- Jason Mikula, Publisher, Fintech Business Weekly
- Gaia Lamperti, Producer, Bloomberg
With sound clips from:
- Luigi Pace, Director of Marketing and Innovation, Compass
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Apple teams up with Goldman Sachs on high-yield savings accounts - 5:33
- GoHenry, the fintech for under-18s, raises $55m after passing 2m users - 18:15
- Mastercard will help banks offer cryptocurrency trading - 30:45
- Italy’s Mediobanca acquires fintechs to drive BNPL growth - 41:00
- Digital bank Bunq wins case against Dutch Central Bank over artificial intelligence use - 50:30
- Revolut expands accommodation booking service to rival Airbnb - 52:10
- Ed Westwick teams up with Shares to champion new era of social investing -53:20
This episode is sponsored by Tink
Open banking can pave the way for faster and more responsible lending practices, that are robust on risk and financially inclusive. As the leading open banking platform, Tink is powering banks and fintechs to transform lending. To find out more, and read Tink’s new Lending Unlocked report, go to tink.com/11fs.
This episode is sponsored by LinkedIn
As you gear up for Autumn, you need the right people on your team to help your small business fire on all cylinders. LinkedIn Jobs is here to make it easier.
Tap into the world’s largest professional network with over 30 million people in the UK. Create a job post in minutes, and spread the word so your network can help you find the right people to hire. Just add the purple #Hiring frame to your LinkedIn profile. Simple tools, like screening questions, make it easy to find candidates with just the right skills and experience. It’s why small businesses rate LinkedIn Jobs #1 in delivering quality hires vs leading competitors.
LinkedIn Jobs helps you find the candidates you want to talk to, faster. And, you can post a job for free. Just visit Linkedin.com/FINTECH. Terms and conditions apply.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Ross Gallagher, Benjamin Ensor, and Kate Moody - as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
- Apple teams up with Goldman Sachs on high-yield savings accounts
- GoHenry, the fintech for under-18s, raises $55M after passing 2M users
- Mastercard will help banks offer cryptocurrency trading
- Italy’s Mediobanca acquires fintechs to drive BNPL growth
- Digital bank Bunq wins case against Dutch Central Bank over artificial intelligence use
- Revolut expands accommodation booking service to rival Airbnb
- Ed Westwick teams up with Shares to champion new era of social investing