Our expert hosts, Ross Gallagher and Benjamin Ensor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Oliver Smith, Managing Editor, AltFi
- Anita Ramaswamy, Senior Reporter, Techcrunch
With soundclips from:
- Mauricio Magaldi, Crypto, 11:FS
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Is Goldman Sachs ready to pull the rug on Marcus? - 4:10
- PayPal decides fining people $2,500 for 'misinformation' wasn't a great idea - 15:08
- Affirm is working on credit card-like bonus points for its payment product - 27:10
- How India's proposed digital rupee would be different from cryptocurrency - 38:00
- Egypt’s Algebra Ventures completes first close of $100m for its second fund - 49:25
- Martin Lewis hits out Deliveroo for buy now pay later scheme - 50:45
- Digital receipts start-up Flux closing down - 52:20
- Damien Hirst burns artworks after collectors pick their NFTs instead - 54:20
This episode is sponsored by Tink
Open banking can pave the way for faster and more responsible lending practices, that are robust on risk and financially inclusive. As the leading open banking platform, Tink is powering banks and fintechs to transform lending. To find out more, and read Tink’s new Lending Unlocked report, go to tink.com/11fs.
This episode is sponsored by LinkedIn
As you gear up for Autumn, you need the right people on your team to help your small business fire on all cylinders. LinkedIn Jobs is here to make it easier.
Tap into the world’s largest professional network with over 30 million people in the UK. Create a job post in minutes, and spread the word so your network can help you find the right people to hire. Just add the purple #Hiring frame to your LinkedIn profile. Simple tools, like screening questions, make it easy to find candidates with just the right skills and experience. It’s why small businesses rate LinkedIn Jobs #1 in delivering quality hires vs leading competitors.
LinkedIn Jobs helps you find the candidates you want to talk to, faster. And, you can post a job for free. Just visit Linkedin.com/FINTECH. Terms and conditions apply.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Ross Gallagher, Benjamin Ensor, and Kate Moody - as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
- Is Goldman Sachs ready to pull the rug on Marcus?
- PayPal decides fining people $2,500 for 'misinformation' wasn't a great idea
- Affirm is working on credit card-like bonus points for its payment product
- How India's proposed digital rupee would be different from cryptocurrency
- Egypt’s Algebra Ventures completes first close of $100m for its second fund
- Martin Lewis hits out at Deliveroo for buy now pay later scheme
- Digital receipts start-up Flux closing down
- Damien Hirst burns artworks after collectors pick their NFTs instead