650. News: Peter Thiel backs European investment app Shares
Episode 833 · August 1st, 2022 · 1 hr 5 mins
About this Episode
Our expert hosts, David M. Brear and Nicole Perry, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Benjamin Chemla, CEO & Co-founder, Shares
- Dan Morgan, Policy Lead - Europe, Plaid
- Kristy Kim, Co-founder & CEO, TomoCredit
With soundclips from:
- Brian Simons, President, Maxwell
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Peter Thiel’s fund leads $40m round in Shares app - 6:50
- Plaid jumps to ludicrous speed with new variable recurring payments product - 16:00
- TomoCredit raises $22m at a $222m valuation toward its goal of making credit scores ‘obsolete’ - 31:30
- Mortgage fintech Maxwell introduces Spanish loan application - 42:40
- French business bank unicorn Qonto buys German competitor Penta - 51:20
- Top US regulator fires warning shot after Apple's push into lending - 53:00
- Fintech Insider mailbag - 54:40
Want to submit a question for our monthly mailbag? Do it here!
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Peter Thiel’s fund leads $40 million round in Shares app
- Plaid jumps to ludicrous speed with new variable recurring payments product
- TomoCredit raises $22M at a $222M valuation toward its goal of making credit scores ‘obsolete’
- Mortgage fintech Maxwell introduces Spanish loan application
- French business bank unicorn Qonto buys German competitor Penta
- Top US regulator fires warning shot after Apple's push into lending