644. News: Should Open Banking become a legal requirement for credit assessment?
Episode 827 · July 11th, 2022 · 52 mins 42 secs
About this Episode
Our expert hosts, Benjamin Ensor and Deepa Anikhindi, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Tim Coates, Co-founder, Oxbury Bank
- Dan Morgan, Policy Lead - Europe, Plaid
With soundclips from:
- Duncan Barrigan, Chief Product & Growth Officer, GoCardless
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Oxbury Bank raises another £20m in accelerated funding round - 2:55
- Payl8r calls for open banking to be legally required for credit assessing - 14:45
- 55% of American millennials and Gen Zers aren’t prioritising saving - 26:40
- Revolut launches first card reader in venture into physical retail - 37:00
- PINA offers wealth management for Indonesia’s growing middle- to upper-class - 42:05
- GoCardless to acquire Open Banking platform Nordigen - 43:20
- The world's first fintech sitcom is just what you'd imagine - 46:18
This episode is sponsored by FullCircl
You’re under pressure on multiple fronts – demanding customers, competitors making a grab for market share, regulatory scrutiny, and high cost-to-serve. So, what to do?
Whether you’re a bank or financial services company, future-ready transformation can only be achieved by implementing a holistic Customer Lifecycle Intelligence (CLI) strategy.
This new whitepaper explores how CLI will help you find the right customers, onboard them faster, and keep them for life. Check out the whitepaper here!
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Oxbury Bank raises another £20m in accelerated funding round
- Payl8r calls for open banking to be legally required for credit assessing
- 55% of millennials, Gen Zers aren’t prioritizing saving—and that may actually be smart, expert says
- Exclusive: London fintech Revolut launches first card reader in venture into physical retail
- PINA offers wealth management for Indonesia’s growing middle- to upper-class
- GoCardless to Acquire Open Banking Platform Nordigen
- The world's first fintech sitcom is just what you'd imagine