Our expert hosts, Benjamin Ensor and Sim Rai, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Philip Kelvin, Co-founder & CEO, Tranch
- Sophie Winwood, Early Stage VC Investor at Anthemis
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Klarna laid off 10% of its workforce through a video message - 3:20
- £8bn in 8 months: Chase wins 500k UK customers - 14:10
- London-based BNPL startup Tranch nabs £3.5m to bring payment flexibility to businesses - 24:50
- Founder alleges that fintech startup is ‘copy-and-pasting’ its business - 37:00
- Neobanks are plentiful but rarely profitable - 45:15
- CaixaBank issues Braille card for visually impaired - 46:30
- Fintech Insider mailbag - 48:00
Got a question you want us to answer? Submit it here: https://forms.gle/iaq7HSmiVLMPY8oV9
This episode is sponsored by Alto IRA
Did you know the majority of people are investing in cryptocurrency through a taxable account, when they could be using an IRA and avoiding or deferring the taxes?
With an Alto CryptoIRA, you can invest in crypto without tax headaches. Create a free account in minutes. Choose from over 150 coins, and invest with as little as $10. No setup charges and no account fees.
To open an Alto CryptoIRA with as little as $10, just go to www.altoira.com/insider
This episode is sponsored by TrueLayer
Let’s face it, cards were not designed for online. Payments can take days to settle, hurting customer loyalty. While high fraud, clunky checkouts and expensive fees mean millions in missed revenue.
At TrueLayer, we’ve made instant payments available for businesses across Europe and the UK. So you can cut costs, fight fraud and get money moving fast.
To learn more visit: www.TrueLayer.com/payments
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
- Klarna laid off 10% of its workforce through a video message
- £8bn in 8 months: Chase wins 500k UK customers
- London-based BNPL startup Tranch nabs £3.5 million to bring payment flexibility to businesses
- Founder alleges that YC-backed fintech startup is ‘copy-and-pasting’ its business
- Neobanks are plentiful but rarely profitable
- CaixaBank issues Braille card for visually impaired