626. News: Stripe vs Plaid and Apple vs The EU
Episode 808 · May 9th, 2022 · 1 hr 5 secs
About this Episode
Our expert hosts, Benjamin Ensor and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Nilixa Devlukia, Founder, Payments Solved
- Karen Kerrigan, COO, Moneybox
With soundclips from:
- Gwera Kiwana, Product Manager, 11:FS
- Paul Stoddart, President, GoCardless
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Stripe launches open banking product sparking Twitter taunt from Plaid CEO - 3:35
- Moneybox announces crowdfunding campaign - 14:35
- EU claims Apple breaking competition law over contactless payments - 30:00
- Banking giant Truist acquires fintech startup Long Game in effort to reach younger demographic - 38:40
- Buy Now Pay Later will soon affect your credit score in the UK - 48:15
- GoCardless appoints Mastercard and Vocalink exec as president - 51:10
- Citigroup trader triggers European flash crash - 54:00
- Swiss banker put strip club visits on expenses - 55:22
This episode is sponsored by Alto IRA
Did you know the majority of people are investing in cryptocurrency through a taxable account, when they could be using an IRA and avoiding or deferring the taxes?
With an Alto CryptoIRA, you can invest in crypto without tax headaches. Create a free account in minutes. Choose from over 150 coins, and invest with as little as $10. No setup charges and no account fees.
To open an Alto CryptoIRA with as little as $10, just go to www.altoira.com/insider
This episode is sponsored by TrueLayer
Let’s face it, cards were not designed for online. Payments can take days to settle, hurting customer loyalty. While high fraud, clunky checkouts and expensive fees mean millions in missed revenue.
At TrueLayer, we’ve made instant payments available for businesses across Europe and the UK. So you can cut costs, fight fraud and get money moving fast.
To learn more visit: www.TrueLayer.com/payments
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
- Stripe launches open banking product sparking Twitter taunt from Plaid CEO
- Moneybox announces crowdfunding campaign
- EU claims Apple breaking competition law over contactless payments
- Banking giant Truist acquires fintech startup Long Game in effort to reach younger demographic
- Buy now, pay later will soon affect your credit score in the UK
- GoCardless appoints Mastercard and Vocalink exec as president
- Citigroup trader triggers European flash crash
- Pierin Vincenz: Swiss banker put strip club visits on expenses