Our expert hosts, Benjamin Ensor and Gwera Kiwana, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Julia Ménayas, Co-founder, Helios
- Jason Mikula, Publisher, Fintech Business Weekly
With soundclips from:
- Mauricio Magaldi, Crypto, 11:FS
- Abubakar Idris, Africa Reporter, Rest of World
- Philip Haglund, CEO, Gimi
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Fintech giant Stripe jumps into crypto with a feature that lets Twitter users get paid in stablecoin - 3:17
- French sustainable neobank Helios picks up €9m for its fintech for good to protect the planet - 15:30
- Revolut suspends refugee referral payouts after users game the system - 29:30
- Plaid co-founder’s next venture is a bank to power fintech apps - 37:15
- Flutterwave CEO addresses alleged misconduct claims in email to employees - 49:30
- Swedish children’s financial literacy app Gimi teams up with ABN AMRO - 52:50
- Spanish football fans thank cup-winning manager via his banking app - 54:40
This episode is sponsored by Alto IRA
Did you know the majority of people are investing in cryptocurrency through a taxable account, when they could be using an IRA and avoiding or deferring the taxes?
With an Alto CryptoIRA, you can invest in crypto without tax headaches. Create a free account in minutes. Choose from over 150 coins, and invest with as little as $10. No setup charges and no account fees.
To open an Alto CryptoIRA with as little as $10, just go to www.altoira.com/insider
This episode is sponsored by TrueLayer
Let’s face it, cards were not designed for online. Payments can take days to settle, hurting customer loyalty. While high fraud, clunky checkouts and expensive fees mean millions in missed revenue.
At TrueLayer, we’ve made instant payments available for businesses across Europe and the UK. So you can cut costs, fight fraud and get money moving fast.
To learn more visit: www.TrueLayer.com/payments
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
- Fintech giant Stripe jumps into crypto with a feature that lets Twitter users get paid in stablecoin
- French sustainable neobank Helios picks up €9 million for its fintech-for-good that’s protecting the planet
- Revolut scheme for Ukrainian refugees was exploited by customers
- Plaid co-founder’s next venture is a bank to power fintech apps
- Flutterwave CEO addresses alleged misconduct claims in email to employees
- Swedish children’s financial literacy app Gimi teams up with ABN AMRO
- Spanish football fans thank cup-winning manager via his banking app