Our expert hosts, Gwera Kiwana and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Misha Esipov, Co-founder & CEO, Nova Credit
- Polly Jean Harrison, Features Editor, The Fintech Times
With soundclips from:
- Duke Ekezie-Joseph, Co-founder and Chief Growth Officer, Kippa
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- US fintech Nova Credit expands into Europe to “unlock opportunities” for immigrants (awaiting FCA authorisation) - 4:00
- Apple’s plan to pump up Apple Card and Apple Pay and win the payments war - 15:35
- Nigerian fintech start-up Kippa launches digital payments offering for African SMEs - 26:45
- Bank of England’s fintech chief leaves for digital asset platform Fireblocks - 35:50
- Russia has defaulted on its foreign debt, says S&P - 44:30
- Meta is reportedly making ‘Zuck Bucks’ - 46:15
- UK pay falls for second month in a row as cost of living bites - 47:40
- The microchip implants that let you pay with your hand - 49:30
This episode is sponsored by Alto IRA
Did you know the majority of people are investing in cryptocurrency through a taxable account, when they could be using an IRA and avoiding or deferring the taxes?
With an Alto CryptoIRA, you can invest in crypto without tax headaches. Create a free account in minutes. Choose from over 150 coins, and invest with as little as $10. No setup charges and no account fees.
To open an Alto CryptoIRA with as little as $10, just go to www.altoira.com/insider
This episode is sponsored by TrueLayer
Let’s face it, cards were not designed for online. Payments can take days to settle, hurting customer loyalty. While high fraud, clunky checkouts and expensive fees mean millions in missed revenue.
At TrueLayer, we’ve made instant payments available for businesses across Europe and the UK. So you can cut costs, fight fraud and get money moving fast.
To learn more visit: TrueLayer.com/payments.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- US fintech Nova Credit expands into Europe to “unlock opportunities” for immigrants
- ‘Breakout’: Apple’s Plan To Pump Up Apple Card And Apple Pay And Win The Payments War
- Nigerian fintech start-up Kippa launches digital payments offering for African SMEs
- Bank of England’s fintech chief Varun Paul leaves for digital asset platform Fireblocks
- Russia has defaulted on its foreign debt, says S&P
- Facebook owner Meta targets finance with ‘Zuck Bucks’ and creator coins
- ONS pay and unemployment: UK pay falls for second month in a row as cost-of-living bites
- The microchip implants that let you pay with your hand