Our expert hosts, David M. Brear and Nicole Perry, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Dan Hardy, VP - Sales, Crowdcube
- Peter Renton, Co-Founder and Chairman, LendIt Fintech
With soundclips from:
- Prakash Pattni, Managing Director of Financial Services & Digital Transformation (EMEA), IBM
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Unicorn Qonto partners with Crowdcube to open up ownership - 5:10
- Fast shuts doors after slow growth - 16:30
- The competition will pay for this later: Klarna completes PriceRunner deal - 27:00
- Rishi Sunak asks Royal Mint to launch non-fungible token - 36:00
- Egyptian financial super app Khazna raises $38M from Quona Capital and Lendable - 45:00
- IBM offers real-time fraud detection in new z16 mainframe - 47:15
- Bank of Italy bans N26 from onboarding new customers over AML failings - 50:30
- Liam Payne launches Revolut card - 52:00
This episode is sponsored by Alto IRA
Did you know the majority of people are investing in cryptocurrency through a taxable account, when they could be using an IRA and avoiding or deferring the taxes?
With an Alto CryptoIRA, you can invest in crypto without tax headaches. Create a free account in minutes. Choose from over 150 coins, and invest with as little as $10. No setup charges and no account fees. To open an Alto CryptoIRA with as little as $10, just go to www.altoira.com/insider
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
- Unicorn Qonto turns to the crowd, partners with Crowdcube to open up ownership
- Fast shuts doors after slow growth, high burn precluded fundraising options
- The competition will pay for this later: Klarna completes PriceRunner deal
- Rishi Sunak asks Royal Mint to launch non-fungible token
- Egyptian financial super app Khazna raises $38M from Quona Capital and Lendable
- IBM highlights real-time fraud detection in z16 mainframe
- Bank of Italy bans N26 from onboarding new customers over AML failings