Our expert hosts, David M. Brear and Deepa Anikhindi, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Charles McManus, CEO, Clearbank
- Eric Glyman, Co-founder & CEO, Ramp
With soundclips from:
- Eslam Darwish, General Partner, Nclude
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Ramp confirms new $8.1bn valuation - 4:28
- ClearBank raises $230m to expand into Europe and the US - 18:15
- Apple buys UK fintech start-up Credit Kudos - 34:15
- Egypt state banks setting up $85m fintech innovation fund - 43:45
- "Very, very unlikely" big banks will have high-street branches, says Anne Boden - 52:30
- EPI abandons plan for Visa and Mastercard rival as member banks quit - 53:30
- NatWest to pilot carbon tracking app with SMEs - 54:55
- Bristol pound notes to be transformed into giant shoal of fish - 56:05
This episode is sponsored by Austrade
Everyone wants to stay ahead of the fintech curve, and a great way to start is by powering your investment portfolio with Australia's best and brightest fintechs. From buy-now-pay-later, to open banking, from embedded finance, to global payments - it won't be long before the next Clearpay, Cover Genius or Airwallex hits the international stage. Learn more today, visit shinewithaustralia.com.au/fintech.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Ramp confirms new $8.1B valuation after ‘a nearly 10x’ YoY increase in revenue
- ClearBank raises £175 million for global expansion
- Apple buys UK fintech start-up Credit Kudos
- Egypt state banks setting up $85 million fintech innovation fund
- "Very, very unlikely" big banks will have high-street branches, says Anne Boden
- EPI abandons plan for Visa and Mastercard rival as member banks quit
- NatWest to pilot carbon tracking app with SMEs
- Bristol Pound notes to be transformed into giant shoal of fish