606. News: Flux's new CEO calls out the gender gap at the top of fintech
Episode 787 · February 28th, 2022 · 1 hr 4 mins
About this Episode
Our expert hosts, David M. Brear and Nasir Ahmad, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Kevin Chong, Co-Head, Outward VC
- Veronique Barbosa, CEO & Co-Founder, Flux
With soundclips from:
- Tayo Oviosu, CEO, Paga
- Marko Wenthin, Co-Founder, Dock Financial
- Will Carmichael, CEO, RoosterMoney
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Retail investor platform PrimaryBid wins SoftBank backing - 4:40
- New Flux CEO calls paltry number of female fintech bosses "insane" - 13:10
- UK’s leading fintech bosses call on government to ramp up efforts to overhaul regulation - 31:55
- Twitter adds Paga as a payment provider for its "Tips" feature in Nigeria - 40.25
- Revealed: Credit Suisse leak unmasks criminals, fraudsters and corrupt politicians - 49:05
- Dock Financial prepares for the launch of a new Banking-as-a-Service platform - 53:22
- The pocket money pinch - inflation fuels the surge of the 'school kid side hustle' - 55:45
This episode is sponsored by CompyAdvantage
What role will blockchain play in the future of financial services? How are innovative FinTechs expanding access to online banking in Africa? And would more bankers in orange jumpsuits change the way money laundering is perceived? Subscribe to Uncover, the ComplyAdvantage podcast, to explore these questions and much more: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/uncover/id1601611340
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Retail investor platform PrimaryBid wins SoftBank backing
- New Flux CEO calls paltry number of female fintech bosses "insane"
- UK’s leading fintech bosses call on government to ramp up efforts to overhaul regulation
- Twitter adds Paga as a payment provider for its "Tips" feature in Nigeria
- Revealed: Credit Suisse leak unmasks criminals, fraudsters and corrupt politicians
- Dock Financial prepares for the launch of a new Banking-as-a-Service platform
- UK's Top Pocket Money Index Reveals Kids' Average Spending on Games, Gadgets, and More!