588. News: Seedrs acquired by Republic to fuel European expansion
Episode 768 · December 13th, 2021 · 56 mins 11 secs
About this Episode
Our expert hosts, Simon Taylor and Tim Heard, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Kirsty Grant, CIO, Seedrs
- Ruby Hinchliffe, Reporter, FT Adviser
With soundclips from:
- Lisa Jacobs, CEO of Funding Circle
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Republic acquires UK’s Seedrs in $100M deal to push into Europe - 2:45
- Former TSB CEO launches money-sharing social network Loop - 15:50
- Wealthsimple quits the UK market - 25:49
- Zopa pulls out of P2P consumer lending - 36:25
- Majority raises $27 million for migrant mobile banking service - 46:12
- Funding Circle launches embedded finance solution (soundclip from Lisa Jacobs, CEO of Funding Circle) - 47:35
- Monzo valuation hits $4.5bn on back of drawing thousands of new customers - 49:00
- Harrods agrees buy now pay later tie up with Klarna - 51:14
This episode is sponsored by Primer.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Learn more and book a demo at primer.io (https://primer.io/?utm_source=11fs&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fintech_insider_)
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor and Jason Bates, who are joined by a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Republic acquires UK’s Seedrs in $100M deal to push into Europe
- Former TSB CEO launches money-sharing social network Loop
- Wealthsimple exit: One of ‘a number of casualties to come'
- Zopa pulls out of P2P consumer lending
- Majority raises $27 million for migrant mobile banking service
- Funding Circle launches embedded finance solution
- Monzo valuation hits $4.5bn on back of drawing thousands of new customers
- Harrods agrees buy now pay later tie up with Klarna