Our expert hosts, Benjamin Ensor and Deepa Anikhindi, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Polly Jean Harrison, Features Editor, The Fintech Times
- David Cunningham, Chief Commercial Officer, Lextego
With soundclips from:
- Viktor Nebehaj, CMO, Freetrade
- Mark Mullen, CEO, Atom Bank
- Jamie Campbell, Co-Founder, Fronted
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Freetrade raises crowdfunding at £650m valuation (soundclip from Viktor Nebehaj, CMO, Freetrade) - 3:15
- Payhawk raises €99 million to expand payments and expenses solution - 14:25
- Irish banks commit €5 million to payment app joint venture Synch - 23:25
- Atom Bank moves to a four-day week (soundclip from Mark Mullen, CEO, Atom Bank) - 35:20
- Mode Global shares sink after Ocado, Boots and Homebase deny involvement in bitcoin scheme (soundclip from Jamie Campbell, Co-Founder, Fronted) - 45:40
- India’s Paytm Tumbles Another 13% After First-Day IPO Flop - 46:40
- Fronted launches ‘Lifetime Deposit’ lending product with the help of fresh £20m funding (soundclip from Jamie Campbell, Co-Founder, Fronted) - 48:25
- Nike teams up with Roblox to create a virtual world called Nikeland - 51.20
This episode is sponsored by Primer.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Learn more and book a demo at primer.io (https://primer.io/?utm_source=11fs&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fintech_insider_)
This episode is sponsored by SAS.
SAS help their customers make banking simple, safe and rewarding for everyone. They support banks in their goal to treat every customer as an individual. Combining data from across the bank with external information and real-time context delivers unique insight and a deep understanding of customer needs. By applying this insight at the right time via the right channel, SAS help make every customer engagement with the bank a relevant, valuable, and seamless experience.
SAS enables banks to embed real-time intelligence in every interaction, helping them make smarter, faster decisions that transform customer experience.
To find out more, visit. https://www.sas.com
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor and Jason Bates, who are joined by a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review