Our expert hosts, Gwera Kiwana and Ewan Silver, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Siddharth Venkataramakrishnan, Capital Markets Correspondent, Financial Times
- David Jarvis, Founder & CEO, Griffin
With soundclips from:
- Karl Turnbull, Head of Banking Services, Starling
- Keith Grose, Head of International, Plaid
- Darren Westlake, CEO, Crowdcube
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Standard Chartered taps Starling BaaS platform for green savings product (soundclip from Karl Turnbull, Head of Banking Services, Starling) - 3:47
- Paytm raises $1.1 billion from anchor investors in India’s blockbuster IPO - 15:35
- Crowdcube expands across Europe as EU crowdfunding takes flight (soundclip from Darren Westlake, CEO of Crowdcube) - 27:35
- Plaid report: Fintech adoption helps break money taboo (soundclip from Keith Grose, Head of International at Plaid) - 36:28
- Robinhood says millions of customers’ names and emails addresses taken in data breach - 44:30
- New neobank Monument readies for launch after regulator lifts restrictions - 47:30
- Square makes its Cash App available for teen use - 48:40
- Microsoft’s Own Metaverse Is Coming, and It Will Have PowerPoint - 49:50
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world leader in banking software, serving over 3,000 financial institutions. SCALE 2021 is Temenos' dedicated, virtual developer event, including: insights from industry leaders on current technology trends and how they impact banking; customer presentations; product demonstrations and road-map sessions and opportunities to speak with Temenos experts. Whether you're a developer, consultant or business user, discover the latest technology opportunities and how this can help you deliver bigger, better, faster.
Register to attend here. (https://tem.mn/3jYLZlm)
This episode is sponsored by Primer.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Learn more and book a demo at primer.io (https://primer.io/?utm_source=11fs&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fintech_insider_)
This episode is sponsored by SAS.
SAS help their customers make banking simple, safe and rewarding for everyone. They support banks in their goal to treat every customer as an individual. Combining data from across the bank with external information and real-time context delivers unique insight and a deep understanding of customer needs. By applying this insight at the right time via the right channel, SAS help make every customer engagement with the bank a relevant, valuable, and seamless experience.
SAS enables banks to embed real-time intelligence in every interaction, helping them make smarter, faster decisions that transform customer experience.
To find out more, visit. https://www.sas.com
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Standard Chartered taps Starling BaaS platform for green savings product
- Paytm raises $1.1 billion from anchor investors in India’s blockbuster IPO
- Crowdcube expands across Europe as EU crowdfunding takes flight
- Plaid report: Fintech adoption helps break money taboo
- Robinhood says millions of customers’ names and emails addresses taken in data breach
- New neobank Monument readies for launch after regulator lifts restrictions
- Square makes its Cash App available for teen use
- Microsoft’s Own Metaverse Is Coming, and It Will Have PowerPoint