Our expert hosts, Ross Gallagher and Gwera Kiwana, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Eric Johansson, Tech Editor, Verdict
- Douglas Mackenzie, Chief Content Officer, Fintech Finance
- Gustavo Brigatto, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Startups
With soundclips from:
- Hasan Luongo, VP of Global Marketing, Chipper Cash
- Oli Cook, CEO & Co-Founder, Ekko
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Brazil's Nubank targets over $50 billion valuation in U.S. IPO - 6:30
- Chipper Cash gets $2B valuation with $150M extension round led by FTX (sound clip from Hasan Luongo, VP of Global Marketing, Chipper Cash) - 18:30
- Eco-conscious debit card Ekko launches on first day of COP26 (sound clip from Oli Cook, CEO & Co-Founder, Ekko) - 32:23
- Klarna sets collision course with Amazon in reported $1bn Pricerunner deal - 45:05
- ING to wind down Payvision - 54:14
- New UK fintech Cleva launches money management platform for carers - 56:00
- Greenlight Creates a Platform for the 45% Of Parents Who Are Not Confident Investing - 57:28
- Quentin Tarantino to offer seven uncut scenes from ‘Pulp Fiction’ as NFTs - 58:38
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world leader in banking software, serving over 3,000 financial institutions. SCALE 2021 is Temenos' dedicated, virtual developer event, including: insights from industry leaders on current technology trends and how they impact banking; customer presentations; product demonstrations and road-map sessions and opportunities to speak with Temenos experts. Whether you're a developer, consultant or business user, discover the latest technology opportunities and how this can help you deliver bigger, better, faster.
Register to attend here. (https://tem.mn/3jYLZlm)
This episode is sponsored by Primer.
Primer is the world's first automation platform for payments. With Primer, merchants and developers have all the underlying infrastructure and "lego blocks" they need to build the best buying experiences for their customers. Learn more and book a demo at primer.io (https://primer.io/?utm_source=11fs&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=fintech_insider_)
This episode is sponsored by SAS.
SAS help their customers make banking simple, safe and rewarding for everyone. They support banks in their goal to treat every customer as an individual. Combining data from across the bank with external information and real-time context delivers unique insight and a deep understanding of customer needs. By applying this insight at the right time via the right channel, SAS help make every customer engagement with the bank a relevant, valuable, and seamless experience.
SAS enables banks to embed real-time intelligence in every interaction, helping them make smarter, faster decisions that transform customer experience.
To find out more, visit. https://www.sas.com
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor and Jason Bates, who are joined by a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Brazil's Nubank targets over $50 billion valuation in U.S. IPO
- Chipper Cash gets $2B valuation with $150M extension round led by FTX
- Eco-conscious debit card Ekko launches on first day of Cop26
- Klarna sets collision course with Amazon in reported $1bn Pricerunner deal
- ING to wind down Payvision
- New UK fintech Cleva launches money management platform for carers
- Greenlight Creates a Platform for the 45% Of Parents Who Are Not Confident Investing
- Quentin Tarantino to offer seven uncut scenes from ‘Pulp Fiction’ as NFTs