Our expert hosts, David Brear and Gwera Kiwana, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Matt Henderson, EMEA Business Lead, Stripe
- Arun Tharmarajah, Head of European Banking at Wise
- Sophie Guibaud, Chief Growth Officer at OpenPayd
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Stripe opens London fintech development office 4:16
- Wise launches feature that lets users spend money invested in stocks 17:15
- JPMorgan launches Chase in the UK 31:03
- TrueLayer raises $130M and becomes a unicorn 43:13
- Curve joins the BNPL scramble 49:20
- Monese moves into banking-as-a-service 51:20
- 61% of UK Children Use an App to Manage Pocket Money 53:16
- Restaurants to be banned from keeping staff tips 55:12
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is sponsored by LetsDeel.
There's a better way to hire internationally, and it starts with Deel. Everything from contract creation, record keeping, payments, and full-time employment is all in one place for teams all over the world.
Companies anywhere can hire compliantly everywhere thanks to Deel. It's payroll and compliance built for today's worldwide workforce.
To learn more, visit letsdeel/11fs, and redeem an exclusive offer of 3 months free when you hire a contractor and 20% for your first year when you hire an employee.
This episode is sponsored by Fintech Meetup.
This episode is sponsored by Fintech Meetup. Fintech Meetup is the world’s largest fintech meetings event, facilitating more than 30,000 meetings for 4,000 participants. It takes place online, March 8-10, 2022. Our participants will meet everyone they need to meet, including Startups, Established Fintechs, Investors, Banks and Credit Unions, Media and Analysts and more. For more information and to get your ticket, go to [www.fintechmeetup.com](www.fintechmeetup.com).
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Stripe opens London fintech development office
- Wise launches feature that lets users spend money invested in stocks
- JPMorgan launches Chase in the UK
- TrueLayer raises $130M and becomes a unicorn
- Curve joins the BNPL scramble
- Monese moves into banking-as-a-service
- 61% of UK Children Use an App to Manage Pocket Money
- Restaurants to be banned from keeping staff tips