Our expert hosts, Simon Taylor and Gwera Kiwana, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Frederick Lavoie, co-founder and COO, Flinks
- Sharon Kimathi, Inclusive Economies Editor, Thomson Reuters Foundation
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Amazon partners Affirm to offer customers BNPL option 4:32
- National Bank of Canada invests $103M in Flinks, including $30M in growth capital 15:45
- Alpaca raises $50m; moves into crypto trading 28:32
- Wombat to raise £10 million to expand into Europe 38:52
- Nubank seeks $55bn valuation in IPO 47:12
- Invest at PayPal could compete with Robinhood and Square’s retail stock trading 48:34
- Railsbank and Status Money create credit card with crypto investment rewards 50:27
- Fake Banksy NFT sold through artist's website for £244k 52:25
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is sponsored by LetsDeel.
There's a better way to hire internationally, and it starts with Deel. Everything from contract creation, record keeping, payments, and full-time employment is all in one place for teams all over the world.
Companies anywhere can hire compliantly everywhere thanks to Deel. It's payroll and compliance built for today's worldwide workforce.
To learn more, visit letsdeel/11fs, and redeem an exclusive offer of 3 months free when you hire a contractor and 20% for your first year when you hire an employee.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Amazon partners Affirm to offer customers BNPL option
- National Bank of Canada invests $103M in Flinks, including $30M in growth capital
- Alpaca raises $50m; moves into crypto trading
- Wombat to raise £10 million to expand into Europe
- Nubank seeks $55bn valuation in IPO
- Invest at PayPal could compete with Robinhood and Square’s retail stock trading
- Railsbank and Status Money create credit card with crypto investment rewards
- Fake Banksy NFT sold through artist's website for £244k