Our expert hosts, David Brear and Gwera Kiwana, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Layla Qassim, Head of Strategy and Shareholder Relations at Solarisbank
- Alex Frean, Head of Corporate Affairs at Starling Bank
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Solarisbank raises $224M and acquires its competitor 4:19
- Starling Bank makes their first acquisition as they buy Fleet Mortgages for $50m, while flying high in account switching race 9:40
- Visa to acquire CurrencyCloud 23:10
- Lloyds and Mastercard aim to take A2A payments mainstream 27:51
- Gojek integrates with Jago for digital banking push 40:20
- Tesco Bank to close all its current accounts 41:30
- Goldman Sachs boosts transaction banking biz with Fiserv tie-up 43:10
- Chicago Bulls team up with Shopify to launch an NFT series 44:30
This episode is sponsored by Temenos. Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is sponsored by Blueshift.
Customers expect more from their digital experience and their personal finance is no exception. Blueshift empowers fintech and financial institutions to create secure customer profiles and intentional, relevant experiences for customers. Whether in app, on site, in branch, or anywhere else, Blueshift’s SmartHub CDP helps brands like Lending Tree and ClearScore turn data into personalized experiences that increase retention, satisfaction, and revenue. Learn more about the Blueshift at[ blueshift.com](blueshift.com/11fs).
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Solarisbank raises $224M and acquires its competitor
- Starling Bank makes their first acquisition as they buy Fleet Mortgages for $50m, while flying high in account switching race
- Visa to acquire CurrencyCloud
- Lloyds and Mastercard aim to take A2A payments mainstream
- Gojek integrates with Jago for digital banking push
- Tesco Bank to close all its current accounts
- Goldman Sachs boosts transaction banking biz with Fiserv tie-up
- Chicago Bulls team up with Shopify to launch an NFT series