546. News: Where there is a product, there is capital.
Episode 724 · July 19th, 2021 · 56 mins 32 secs
About this Episode
Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and Amy Gavin, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Ali Niknam, Founder & CEO, Bunq
- Nigel Verdon, CEO, Railsbank
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Bunq celebrates $228 million funding! 2:40
- Railsbank raises $70m in global expansion plans 12:21
- NatWest launches carbon footprint tracker for its mobile banking app 26:06
- The BuyNowPayLater roundup, starting with: Apple partners Goldman Sachs for BNPL play 35:30
- US proptech Better HoldCo has acquired UK mortgage provider Trussle 45:18
- NAB invests A$160m in branch revamp 46:38
- Tide banking valued at $650m, after securing $100m in funding 48:20
- Nude lets couples ‘Team-up’ to see each other’s savings progress 50:36
This episode is sponsored by Temenos. Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is sponsored by Blueshift.
Customers expect more from their digital experience and their personal finance is no exception. Blueshift empowers fintech and financial institutions to create secure customer profiles and intentional, relevant experiences for customers. Whether in app, on site, in branch, or anywhere else, Blueshift’s SmartHub CDP helps brands like Lending Tree and ClearScore turn data into personalized experiences that increase retention, satisfaction, and revenue. Learn more about the Blueshift at[ blueshift.com](blueshift.com/11fs).
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email email@example.com!
- Bunq celebrates $228 million funding!
- Railsbank raises $70m in global expansion plans
- NatWest launches carbon footprint tracker for its mobile banking app
- The BuyNowPayLater roundup, starting with: Apple partners Goldman Sachs for BNPL play
- US proptech Better HoldCo has acquired UK mortgage provider Trussle
- NAB invests A$160m in branch revamp
- Tide banking valued at $650m, after securing $100m in funding
- Nude lets couples ‘Team-up’ to see each other’s savings progress