Our expert hosts, Ross Gallagher and Sarah Kocianski, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- AJ Coyne, UK Marketing Lead at Klarna
- Natasha Jones, Investor at Octopus Ventures
- Ruth Foxe-Blader, Partner at Anthemis
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Nubank’s $750M “megaround” 03:03
- Klarna takes on credit cards with in-app instalment shopping at all UK online retailers 14:40
- Marqeta prices IPO above range, valuing startup at $15 billion 27:26
- Bank of England lays down regulatory expectations for stablecoins 38:56
- Plum moves into retirement savings 50:00
- Hong Kong goes all in on Fintech 51:39
- Massachusetts sets up fintech hub 53:06
- Rapper A$AP Rocky becomes Klarna CEO for the day 54:44
This episode is sponsored by Temenos. Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is brought to you by Visa. one of the world’s leaders in digital payments. Visa’s Fintech Fast Track program is a quick and easy way to connect to the Visa network and issue payment credentials. Whether you’re an up and coming neobank, modernizing B2B payments, or launching a new crypto solution - amazing things can happen when your innovation is combined with the power of one of the world's largest payment networks. Learn more about the possibilities at partner.visa.com
This episode is also sponsored by YouGov. With a global consumer panel of 15 million registered members, 11+ years’ historic single-source data, and proprietary technology that connects data and simplifies research, YouGov is home to the largest collection of constant, entirely permissioned consumer opinion and rich behavioural intelligence in the world.
YouGov’s latest report measures the effect of COVID-19 on consumer attitudes, behaviours, and preferences when it comes to financial services. Beyond the pandemic, it examines the payments landscape, investments, sustainability & ethics and more in 17 markets.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Nubank raises a $750m mega round
- Klarna takes on credit cards with in-app instalment shopping at all UK online retailers
- Marqeta prices IPO above range, valuing startup at $15 billion
- Bank of England lays down regulatory expectations for stablecoins
- Plum moves into retirement savings
- Hong Kong goes all in on Fintech
- Massachusetts sets up fintech hub
- Rapper A$AP Rocky becomes Klarna CEO for the day