Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Emily Nicolle, Fintech Correspondent at Financial News
- Daniel Kjellén, Tink Founder & CEO
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Wealthify embed Open Banking from Tink in investment app 3:22
- Lanistar breaches advertising rules as ‘misleading’ security claims continue 15:31
- NatWest, RBS & Ulster Bank lets customers set daily bank transfer limits 27:37
- Bank of England’s Bailey calls crypto-currencies “dangerous” while US bank chiefs express caution 38:13
- Curve returns to the crowd for fresh funding round 50:02
- Square and Plaid partner to give US merchants a better ACH payment experience 51:42
- Zeta becomes a unicorn with $250 million Softbank led funding 53:33
- Charlie bit my finger video to be taken off Youtube after selling for… £500,000!!! 55:18
This episode is sponsored by Temenos
Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, serving over 3,000 banks. TCF Online 2021, is the industry's premier virtual event, welcoming thousands of C-level executives, industry influencers and rising stars of fintech, with over 50 live and on-demand sessions. Register today to hear Temenos' CEO reveal his vision on the future of banking, learn about Temenos' latest innovations, and hear from Changemakers like Barclays, Varo and PayPal, sharing their best practices on banking transformation.
Find out more: TCF Online 2021
This episode is sponsored by Visa US
This episode is brought to you by Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments. Visa’s Fintech Fast Track program is the quickest and easiest way to connect to the Visa network and issue payment credentials. Whether you’re an up and coming neobank, modernizing B2B payments, or launching a new crypto solution - amazing things can happen when your innovation is combined with the power of one of the world's largest payment networks. Learn more about the possibilities at partner.visa.com.
This episode is sponsored by YouGov
With a global consumer panel of 15 million registered members, 11+ years’ historic single-source data, and proprietary technology that connects data and simplifies research, YouGov is home to the largest collection of constant, entirely permissioned consumer opinion and rich behavioural intelligence in the world.
YouGov’s latest report measures the effect of COVID-19 on consumer attitudes, behaviours, and preferences when it comes to financial services. Beyond the pandemic, it examines the payments landscape, investments, sustainability & ethics and more in 17 markets.
Download On the money: YouGov’s Global Banking & Finance Report 2021
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Wealthify embed Open Banking from Tink in investment app
- Lanistar breaches advertising rules as ‘misleading’ security claims continue
- NatWest, RBS & Ulster Bank lets customers set daily bank transfer limits
- Bank of England’s Bailey calls crypto-currencies “dangerous” while US bank chiefs express caution
- Curve returns to the crowd for fresh funding round
- Square and Plaid partner to give US merchants a better ACH payment experience
- Zeta becomes a unicorn with $250 million Softbank led funding
- Charlie bit my finger video to be taken off Youtube after selling for… £500,000!!!