Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Ruby Hinchliffe, reporter at Fintech Futures
- Eva Ducruezet, Chief People Officer and VP of Strategy and Business Operations , GoCardless
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- The future of work in FS: GoCardless let staff work overseas for 90 days a year & Monzo becomes first UK bank to offer staff paid leave after pregnancy loss 3:39
- eBay to offer UK sellers loans 19:25
- Google Pay enlists Western Union and Wise for remittances 32:32
- Visa Partners With Fintech Startup Tala To Drive Crypto Adoption In Emerging Markets 42:50
- UK government kicks off NatWest share sale 51:35
- Bill.com To Buy Expense Software Provider Divvy For $2.5 Billion 54:13
- US Regulator tells Chime to stop using the word 'bank' 54:58
- Freelance banking app Lili raises $55 million 57:18
- Dogecoin tumbles after Elon Musk calls it a ‘hustle’ on ‘SNL’ show 59:20
This episode is sponsored by Temenos
Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, serving over 3,000 banks. TCF Online 2021, is the industry's premier virtual event, welcoming thousands of C-level executives, industry influencers and rising stars of fintech, with over 50 live and on-demand sessions. Register today to hear Temenos' CEO reveal his vision on the future of banking, learn about Temenos' latest innovations, and hear from Changemakers like Barclays, Varo and PayPal, sharing their best practices on banking transformation.
Find out more: TCF Online 2021
This episode is sponsored by Banking Circle
A fully licensed bank focused on payments, Banking Circle gives Financial Institutions and large corporates direct access to clearing in multiple countries, enabling them to deliver global payments faster and more cost-effectively for their customers. Bypass legacy systems, enable global banking services for your customers and grow your business.
Find out more at bankingcircle.com
This episode is sponsored by Wavemaker
This podcast is sponsored by WaveMaker, the industry's most open, API-driven low-code developer studio for hyper-accelerating embedded finance applications. Are APIs alone enough to broaden and scale your market adoption? Do you need customers to go live faster? How about self-serve capability in your partners' and customers' hands to build and customize their web and mobile experiences? WaveMaker delivers a rich drag-n-drop visual studio that fintechs, brands, and FIs use for rapidly composing serious banking and financial services apps. Pro and citizen developers can easily consume your APIs and build in a WYSIWYG, enterprise-grade environment; leverage custom prefabricated components with APIs, logic, and UI; or even build out complete embedded finance journeys that customers can extend or customize. The possibilities are endless. Visit www.wavemaker.com today.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- The future of work in FS: GoCardless let staff work overseas for 90 days a year & Monzo becomes first UK bank to offer staff paid leave after pregnancy loss
- eBay to offer UK sellers loans
- Google Pay enlists Western Union and Wise for remittances
- Visa Partners With Fintech Startup Tala To Drive Crypto Adoption In Emerging Markets
- UK government kicks off NatWest share sale
- Bill.com To Buy Expense Software Provider Divvy For $2.5 Billion
- US Regulator tells Chime to stop using the word 'bank'
- Freelance banking app Lili raises $55 million
- Dogecoin tumbles after Elon Musk calls it a ‘hustle’ on ‘SNL’ show