Our expert hosts, David Brear and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Anna Irrera - Fintech Correspondent, Reuters
- Iana Vidal - Head of Policy and Government Affairs at Innovate Finance
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Brexit: UK to start talks on quick EU financial services agreement (03:28)
- China tries to reign in Ant Group as Jack Ma seemingly goes missing (13:18)
- Goldman Sachs to offer digital wealth management to Main Street investors (22:38)
- N26 scoops Brazilian banking licence to take on Nubank (30:26)
- Robinhood user says $300,000 restored from hack, then taken back! (37:48)
- Google workers form tech giant’s first labour union (48:45)
This podcast is brought to you by Jack Henry Digital the pioneer and creator of personal digital banking that helps community financial institutions strategically differentiate their digital offerings from those of MegaBanks, BigTechs and FinTechs.
This podcast is also brought to you by Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK). Mitek is a global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in computer vision, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Mitek’s identity verification solutions enable an enterprise to verify a user’s identity during a digital transaction, which assists businesses operating in highly regulated markets to reduce financial risk and meet regulatory requirements while increasing revenue from digital channels. Financial services, marketplaces and other organizations around the world use Mitek to reduce friction creating the digital experiences their customers expect. Mobile Deposit® and Mobile Verify® are used by millions of consumers for check deposit, new account opening and more. The company is based in San Diego with offices in New York, London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Paris and St Petersburg. Learn more at www.miteksystems.com.
Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Brexit: UK to start talks on quick EU financial services agreement
- China tries to reign in Ant Group as Jack Ma seemingly goes missing
- Goldman Sachs to offer digital wealth management to Main Street investors
- N26 scoops Brazilian banking licence to take on Nubank
- Robinhood user says $300,000 restored from hack, then taken back!
- Google workers form tech giant’s first labour union