Our expert hosts, Ross Gallagher and Simon Taylor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Catherine Birkett - CFO, GoCardless
- Keith Grose - Head of International, Plaid
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- GoCardless raises $95M in Series F Funding (02:36)
- Plaid launches Payment Initiation via QR codes (14:24)
- Neobank Xinja blames COVID for pulling plug on Australia (27:06)
- Ramp raises $30 million as the fastest growing corporate card in America (36:35)
- Comment from Eric Glyman, CEO and founder of Ramp (37:37)
- The time is right for regulation, says Klarna as they also announce plans to tell credit agencies if repayments fail (45:03)
- Cash App launches a fashion brand (57:53)
Merry Christmas from all of us at 11:FS!
This podcast is brought to you by Jack Henry Digital the pioneer and creator of personal digital banking that helps community financial institutions strategically differentiate their digital offerings from those of MegaBanks, BigTechs and FinTechs.
Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- GoCardless raises another $95M as it bets on open banking alongside its recurring payments network | TechCrunch
- Plaid Launches QR Code Auth to Enable Faster and Easier Payment Authentication on desktop devices | The Fintech Times
- Neobank Xinja blames COVID for pulling plug on Australia
- Ramp raises $30M as the battle to own corporate spend heats up | TechCrunch
- Klarna plans to tell credit agencies if repayments fail - BBC News
- The time is right for regulation. | Klarna UK
- These Clothes Are Hip to Be Square - WSJ