Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and Ross Gallagher, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Imran Gulamhuseinwala OBE - Trustee of the Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE)
- Loral Quinn - Founder and CEO, Sustainably
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Open Banking doubles its user-base to 2m Brits in just six months (04:12)
- China’s Ping An Insurance Increases Stake in HSBC to 8% (16:32)
- Coalition of UK banks launched to standardise carbon accounting (26:43)
- Amazon introduced the Amazon One - a payment method in the palm of your hand (36:35)
- Greenlight raises $215m for kids’ debit card (44:05)
- Coinbase has drawn a line in the sand for activist employees (57:34)
This podcast is brought to you by Jack Henry Digital the pioneer and creator of personal digital banking that helps community financial institutions strategically differentiate their digital offerings from those of MegaBanks, BigTechs and FinTechs.
This podcast is also brought to you by Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK). Mitek is a global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in computer vision, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Mitek’s identity verification solutions enable an enterprise to verify a user’s identity during a digital transaction, which assists businesses operating in highly regulated markets to reduce financial risk and meet regulatory requirements while increasing revenue from digital channels. Financial services, marketplaces and other organizations around the world use Mitek to reduce friction creating the digital experiences their customers expect. Mobile Deposit® and Mobile Verify® are used by millions of consumers for check deposit, new account opening and more. The company is based in San Diego with offices in New York, London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Paris and St Petersburg. Learn more at www.miteksystems.com.
Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Open Banking doubles its user-base to 2m Brits in just six months
- China’s Ping An Insurance Increases Stake in HSBC to 8%
- Coalition of UK banks launched to standardise carbon accounting
- Amazon introduced the Amazon One - a payment method in the palm of your hand
- Greenlight raises $215m for kids’ debit card -
- Coinbase has drawn a line in the sand for activist employees.