457. News: Can JPMorgan disrupt the UK challenger bank market?
Episode 634 · August 31st, 2020 · 59 mins 47 secs
About this Episode
Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and Jason Bates, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Shefali Roy - COO and CCO at TrueLayer
- Rachel Green - Research Analyst for Insider Intelligence
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Railsbank to buy Wirecard UK (01:54)
- JPMorgan to challenge UK banks with digital launch in early 2021 (12:00)
- Under lockdown open banking payments surged 800% (25:40)
- Laybuy goes floating on the Australian stock exchange (36:43)
- Zopa takes first steps in digital banking with the launch of their fixed term savings accounts (45:25)
- Japan is running out of credit card numbers (53:36)
*Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
* It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email email@example.com!