455. News: Funding, funding and more funding - Robinhood, Form3, Habito & BCR Pool E
Episode 632 · August 24th, 2020 · 54 mins 48 secs
About this Episode
Simon Taylor and David Brear, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Caroline Plumb, CEO of Fluidly
- Adam Moulson, CCO at Form 3
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Robinhood snags third mega-investment of the year, boosting valuation to $11.2 billion (02:30)
- Form3 raises $33 million with support from Nationwide and Lloyds (12:01)
- BCR Pool E first winners are announced (24:36)
- WeLab Bank reports over 10k account opening applications within 10 days of launch (32:21)
- Habito raises £35 million to revolutionise home buying (38:29)
- Citi Wants Revlon Lenders To Return $900M Paid In Error (50:53)
*Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
* It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Robinhood announces another mega round, valuation soars to $11.2B
- Form3 raises £33 million with support from Nationwide and Lloyds
- Funding Xchange, Onfido and Fractal Labs among the BCR £20m small grant winners - AltFi
- Become an IBS Intelligence BankTech Daily News Subscriber – IBS Intelligence
- Habito raises £35 million to revolutionise home buying
- Citi Wants Revlon Lenders To Return $900M | PYMNTS.com
- Ant Group plans consumer finance firm
- Square’s Cash App tests new feature allowing users to borrow up to $200 – TechCrunch
- TSB to check out branch cashiers as Covid changes priorities