Sam Maule and Sarah Kocianski, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week in the US and beyond.
This week's guests include:
- Rob Blackwell, Chief Content Officer of Promontory Network, Host of Banking with Interest podcast & former Editor-in-Chief of American Banker
- Oscar Williams-Grut, Senior City Correspondent, Yahoo Finance UK
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Facebook Financial Formed to Pursue Company’s Commerce Ambitions - 03:42
- AmEx in Advanced Talks to Buy SoftBank-Backed Kabbage - 16:00
- Robinhood Blows Past Rivals in Record Retail Trading Year - 27:04
- Revolut's losses jump to £100m as business surges - 35:10
- Payments giant Stripe poaches General Motors’ CFO in its latest high-profile hire - 43:11
- Barclays being probed by UK privacy watchdog on accusations of spying on staff - 54:54
*This podcast is brought to you by Jack Henry Digital * the pioneer and creator of personal digital banking that helps community financial institutions strategically differentiate their digital offerings from those of MegaBanks, BigTechs and FinTechs.
So how do they do it? With the Banno Digital Platform—a complete, 100% API-enabled, open digital banking platform. You get beautiful, lightning-fast, native apps for your customers and members, and cloud-based, core-connected back office tools for your employees. You really have to see these products to fully understand the platform’s potential.
Visit banno.com to schedule a demo.
*Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
* It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Listeners, we need you!
If you listen to the show, whether this is your first episode, your 451st episode, or you dip in and out, we’d love it if you could take a few minutes to give us your feedback and suggestions to help shape the future of the show!
Visit bit.ly/FintechInsiderSurvey and fill out the short survey.
It shouldn’t take more than 5 mins to complete but it would mean so much to us.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review