Ross Gallagher and Simon Taylor are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Philippa Girling, Chief Risk Officer, Varo Money
- Emily Nicolle, Technology Editor, CityAM
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Varo Money granted national bank charter - 02:32
- Google to offer co-branded accounts with eight US banks - and we spoke to Shayan Khwaja, Head of Partnerships Program at BBVA US, one of the brands partnering with Google - 15:32
- Monzo announces concerns over its future with its annual report while Starling's paints a more positive picture - 30:02
- HSBC profits plunge 96% as loan-loss provisions jump on coronavirus - 40:00
- Apple Buys Startup to Turn iPhones Into Payment Terminals - 48:14
- Wirecard processed payments for mafia-linked casino 01:01:05
Don't forget to check out our brand new research report identifying exactly how Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice
Listeners, we meed you!
If you listen to the show, whether this is your first episode, your 451st episode, or you dip in and out, we’d love it if you could take a few minutes to give us your feedback and suggestions to help shape the future of the show!
Visit bit.ly/FintechInsiderSurvey and fill out the short survey.
It shouldn’t take more than 5 mins to complete but it would mean so much to us.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review