Our expert hosts, Jason Bates and Simon Taylor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Gemma Godfrey - Business Advisor & FinTech Entrepreneur
- Freddy Kelly - CEO at Credit Kudos
- Lois Ollerenshaw - Venture Principal, Nationwide
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Amazon unveils small business credit line with Goldman in latest tie-up between tech and Wall Street (02:05)
- Unicorn challenger bank Monzo has closed a $76 million funding round at a 40% valuation drop (13:01)
- Stripe takes on rivals with UK direct debit launch (24:31)
- CUTAWAY Stripe EMEA Business Lead Matt Henderson (25:09)
- WhatsApp finally launches payments, starting in Brazil (37:09)
- Klarna partners with Raisin to open savings accounts in Germany (46:20)
- Stories we didn’t have time to cover (53:16)
- HumanIPO - Participate in human IPOs of people you believe in (57:11)
This podcast is brought to you by Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK). Mitek is a global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in computer vision, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Mitek’s identity verification solutions enable an enterprise to verify a user’s identity during a digital transaction, which assists businesses operating in highly regulated markets to reduce financial risk and meet regulatory requirements while increasing revenue from digital channels. Financial services, marketplaces and other organizations around the world use Mitek to reduce friction creating the digital experiences their customers expect. Mobile Deposit® and Mobile Verify® are used by millions of consumers for check deposit, new account opening and more. The company is based in San Diego with offices in New York, London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Paris and St Petersburg. Learn more at www.miteksystems.com.
This podcast is also brought to you by Equinix. Equinix is the world's largest data center & colocation provider, enabling fastest application performance, lowest latency and a digital ecosystem for financial services. Its platform of 200+ data centres worldwide protects, connects and empowers the mission-critical infrastructure for over 10,000 businesses.
This podcast is also brought to you by Salesforce. Right now, business leaders are re-thinking, re-assessing and re-purposing business as usual to deal with this new crisis. It’s a global conversation Salesforce is having called Leading Through Change. And it’s all about businesses relying on each other to achieve one simple goal: Help. Learn more at salesforce.com
Small business financial services are only 1% finished. Our latest research examines the Jobs to be Done and cultural insights on what US business owners need, and the digital services that will help them meet their goals. Download the research for free by heading to bit.ly/digitalsmb.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
- Amazon, Goldman unveil small business credit lines up to $1 million
- Monzo: Unicorn fintech bank raises fresh funding amid coronavirus - Business Insider
- Exclusive: Stripe takes on rivals with UK direct debit launch - AltFi
- WhatsApp finally launches payments, starting in Brazil | TechCrunch
- Klarna partners with Raisin to open savings accounts in Germany
- Uber Africa launches Uber Cash with Flutterwave and explores EVs – TechCrunch
- BlackRock backs Trustly, bank transfer payments platform now valued at over $1B | TechCrunch
- Tonik raises $21 million to launch digital bank in the Philippines | TechCrunch
- FCA imposes £37.8m fine on Commerzbank London for AML failures - FinanceFeeds
- HumanIPO - Participate in human IPOs of people you believe in.