In this episode
Bill Gates wants a robot tax to compensate for job losses; Liverpool launches its own local currency; Atom Bank hires will.i.am as a banking consultant; and more.
News this week
- Business Insider – Will.i.am is reportedly doing a deal with app-only bank Atom that could see the singer invest – Link
- NYTimes – Silicon Valley tried to upend banks. Now it works with them. – Link
- FT – The trouble with ‘free’ banking for challenger lenders – Link
- Finextra – RBS to become fintech fund and high street outlet for challenger banks under HMT remedy – Link
- Standard Digital – Banks take on M-Pesa with own money transfer service – Link
- Bloomberg – Facebook Messenger now lets you send money with Transferwise – Link
- PSFK – Liverpool receives its own digital currency – Link
- Engadget – Bill Gates wants a robot tax to compensate for job losses – Link
- Forbes – Why Ant Financial’s $200M investment In Kakao could disrupt South Korean FinTech – Link
- Business Insider – Moneyfarm will likely see reasonable uptake of its products from Uber drivers – Link
Like this podcast? Please tell a friend about us, and leave a review on iTunes. It helps people discover us.