This week we have some great stories for you as David and Simon are joined by a couple of great guests:
- Samantha Bedford, Head of Innovation and New Ways of Working, CYBG
- Freddie Villis, Google Account Manager: Finance at Snowdrop Solutions
- Oscar Williams-Grut, Senior Correspondent at Yahoo Finance
We kick off the episode by taking a look at Central banks becoming the world's newest climate change activists. An open letter in support of climate change came from the Network for Greening the Financial System (the NGFS). Simon comments that customers are making eco-friendly choices all the time as shown by the growing presence of challenger banks (03:17).
You can read up on Simon's views around eco-friendly finance here.
Next up, we talk about Open Banking one year on. According to the OBIE, in addition to helping individuals with their finances, Open Banking is using technology to combat societal issues such as access to mortgages and debt advice, with benefits for the UK SME community also being perceived. Oscar remarks that Open Banking will only be a success when we're no longer talking about it (15:16).
We also have an interview with Chris Woolard, Director of strategy and competition on GFIN's first eight firms for its sandbox (25:55).
Other stories include:
- GFIN’s first 8 firms
- Snoop Dogg-backed 'try before you buy' payment firm sees sales jump
- Women are less aware and trusting of challenger banks
- Mastercard and Visa to slash inter-regional fees for tourist cards in EU
- And finally, Man dissolves credit card to make contactless ring
All this and so much more on today's show.
Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and let us know your thoughts on the stories @FintechInsiders on Twitter where you can also ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com
This week's episode was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Central Banks Are the World's Newest Climate Change Activists | Fortune
- Has Open Banking changed anything 15 months on?
- Global sandbox accepts first eight firms
- Snoop Dogg-backed Klarna's revenues and sales rocket
- Exclusive: Digital banks have won over half of Brits, but women are being left behind - AltFi News
- Mastercard and Visa to slash inter-regional fees for tourist cards...
- Man dissolves credit card to make contactless ring