This week we have some great stories for you as David and Leda are joined by a couple of great guests:
- Conny Dorestijn, Founding Partner at BankiFi
- Ryan Edwards-Pritchard, MD of Funding Options
We kick off the episode by taking a look at Apple Card, Apple announced the launch of a credit card designed to help customers lead a healthier financial life. It offers no fees of any kind and encourages customers to pay less interest. Conny comments that it's a cool product that can deliver an excellent user experience across devices, which is where Apple will excel but Leda thinks that this isn't a gamechanger (03:06).
Next up, we talk about Oaknorth and Monzo teaming up to launch a savings account, Ryan thinks that this news is a great entry partnership for the companies and Leda adds that Oaknorth are the story right now more than Monzo (17:53).
We also talk to Amir Nooriala, COO of OakNorth to get some further insight into the partnership (21:00).
Other stories include:
- Venmo’s going after users with negative balances
- Standard Chartered wins first Hong Kong virtual licence
- HSBC Signs Deal to Use BlackRock's 'Aladdin' Software Worldwide
- Erica’s a hit with America
- JPM boot out employees in the event of a no-deal Brexit
- Rick Astley (bank) Rolls his retirement with crypto
- And finally, The Wetherspoons App Is Now Being Used By Financial Dominatrixes
All this and so much more on today's show.
Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and let us know your thoughts on the stories @FintechInsiders on Twitter where you can also ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com
This week's episode was produced by Laura Watkins, written by Dhanum Nursigadoo and Laura Watkins. Edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Introducing Apple Card, a new kind of credit card created by Apple - Apple
- Challenger banks Oaknorth and Monzo team up to launch savings accounts | City A.M.
- Venmo Pursues Customers With Negative Balances | PYMNTS.com
- Standard Chartered to build new virtual bank in Hong Kong in fintech drive | City A.M.
- HSBC Signs Deal to Use BlackRock's 'Aladdin' Software Worldwide | Investing News | US News
- Bank of America's Erica chatbot wins over customers
- JPMorgan Said to Push 300 to Leave U.K. in No-Deal Brexit - Bloomberg
- The Wetherspoons App Is Being Used By Financial Dominatrixes