This week we have some massive stories for you as David and Simon are joined by:
- Mel Palmer, CMO at Exo Investing
- Saumeel Pachigar, Head of Partnerships at acasa
- Viktor Nebehaj, CMO at Freetrade
- Iona Bain, Author, speaker, commentator at Young Money blog
We couldn't NOT kick off with the story causing the most noise this week, and we were lucky enough to have Iona join us on the show to give us her perspective. Of course we're talking about THOSE Revolut-ionary Valentine's day tube adverts that caused a Twitterstorm (02:52).
We followed that with some breaking news from across the pod as 2 of the US’ biggest banks merge to become a super bank, as BB&T buy SunTrust for $28 BILLION in stock (18:50).
Other stories included:
- Amex and Curve’s bust-up as Amex blocks access to Curve, 36 hours after reinstating it.
- Australian banks may face criminal charges after final royal commission report into their malpractice to try and clean up the sector, and naturally we had to ask our Aussie banking aficianado, Sarah Kocianski for her thoughts on this story.
- We round up the week's biggest funding raises
- David's favourite story of the year had to be our "and finally" this week as a man in a bank in Sao Paulo turned up to work for his last day in a full Spiderman costume, as you do.
All this and much much more on this week's news show.
Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and let us know your thoughts on the stories @FintechInsiders on Twitter where you can also ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This week's episode was produced by Laura Watkins and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
- Backlash over 'single-shaming' banking ad - BBC News
- BB&T and Suntrust to combine in an all-stock merger of $66 billion
- Amex blocks Curve as the fintech startup vows to fight ‘anti-competitive’ decision | TechCrunch
- Banks may face criminal charges after final royal commission report | Australia news | The Guardian
- Metro Bank hit by cyber attack used to empty customer accounts
- London fintech startup Bud banks $20m from HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Lord Fink, ANZ, Investec and Banco Sabadell | City A.M.
- Business admin and banking fintech startup Anna Money raises £8.5m from Kinetik | City A.M.
- Raisin scores $114 million funding round
- Man Quits Job At Bank And Turns Up In Spider-Man Costume On Last Day - LADbible