Rainmaking Colab MD Helene Panzarino, journalist/guru Monty Munford and 11FS’ own Ryan Garner speak with Ross and Simon to go through this week’s top stories in UK fintech and banking around the world.
We head up the show with a bevy of Fintech stories, starting off with Philip Hammond’s strategy announced at the International Fintech Conference, covering robo-regulations, a new fintech taskforce led by the Treasury, and fintech bridges.
We move on to the rest of the week’s fintech news, including Tide’s claim that they’re the fastest business loan service in the world. Pockit Loqbox has a mission to help the UK’s unbanked improve their credit score, Oak North breaks new ground by becoming the first UK fintech to report an annual profit, and we’ve got an illuminating interview with Valentina Kristensen, Director of Growth and Communications at Oak North.
Yolt connect to 6 major banks...or is that 4?
N26 expand across the pond and Monzo have reached a landmark number of customers.
In the second half of the show we delve into Virgin Money and Standard Life’s new deal on asset management, Michael Sheen’s transformation into a fintech vigilante, and why Whatsapp is shifting to payment services in India.
Uber pulls its driverless car scheme following a fatal crash in Arizona, the second accident the company’s had with its driverless cars. Religious updates in the fintech sector with the Church of England now taking contactless payments alongside the collection plate powered by iZettle and SumUp.
Finally, Rooster Money has partnered with JustGiving to make it easier for children to donate money to a charity of their choice.
All this and more in this week's news show!
We hope you enjoy the show!
Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode and if you really love us please leave us a review on iTunes!
Let us know your thoughts @FintechInsiders and join the discussion by signing up at Fintech Insider News.
- Philip Hammond’s Fintech strategy
- Tide rebrands & launches new card design is now authorised as an Electronic Money Institution
- Pockit Loqbox promises to help the UK’s ‘unbanked’ improve their credit score
- Oak North becomes first UK fintech to report annual profit
- Yolt connects to RBS, Natwest, & Ulster Open Banking APIs
- Monzo reaches 500k customers
- German app-only bank N26 raises $160 million from Allianz and Tencent to crack the US
- Virgin Money and Aberdeen Standard in retail asset management tie-up
- Michael Sheen launches campaign against high-cost lenders
- WhatsApp Could Shake Up Digital Payments in India
- Uber halts self-driving tests after pedestrian killed in Arizona
- Church of England to accept donations by contactless payments
- RoosterMoney teams up with JustGiving to make it easier for children to donate to charity