Ep126 – Building in the FCA Sandbox
Episode 26 · December 7th, 2016 · 1 hr 23 mins
About this Episode
In this episode
Several of this week’s guests are part of the Financial Conduct Authority’s regulatory sandbox in the UK. The FCA created the sandbox as ‘safe space’ for startups and companies to test ideas before becoming fully regulated, saving them time and money. The objective is to encourage and deliver more effective competition in the interests of consumers.
On the show, we’ll talk about the benefits of being in the programme, how the FCA sandbox works, and what it takes to get your company accepted.
Guests this week
- Matt Herbert, Director of Strategy and Digital at British Bankers’ Association @HerbertMatt
- Hadi Kabalan, Managing Director at Otonomos for EMEA & the Americas @hadikabalan
- Gene Vayngrib CEO & Co-founder of Tradle @urbien
- Edward Maslaveckas, CEO & Co-founder at Bud @Ed_Masl
News This Week
- £5 notes made from meat products – Link
- TechCrunch – Yes, the UK now has a law to log web users’ browsing behavior, hack devices and limit encryption – Link
- BBC – RBS worst hit in Bank of England stress test – Link
- Banking Tech – New UK challenger bank Masthaven opens digital doors – Link
- Royal Mint to issue digital gold Link
- The Hill – Apple, Google, Amazon ask Trump for focus on financial tech – Link
The sandbox is open to firms from around the world, as long as they want to test in the UK market. Applications for the second cohort are open until January 19, 2017. To apply, email email@example.com or visit the FCA website.
Enjoy the show! If you like what you hear, subscribe, review us on iTunes, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter. You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The post Ep126 – Building in the FCA Sandbox appeared first on 11FS.
The post Ep126 – Building in the FCA Sandbox appeared first on 11:FS.