In this week's news show Simon and Jason are joined by 11:FS NED Chris Skinner, Tanya Andreasyan, Editor at Banking Technology; Kristian Luoma - Head of OP Lab, in town from Helsinki for one night only and Cliff Evans, Head of Digital Banking at Capgemini, to take on the week’s top stories.
This week they look at the monumental shifts in both global stock exchanges and crypto markets - what has been going on, can it bounce back and should we be worried?; the US take on Open Banking - what can they learn from the UK?, and exciting developments in the SME space both here and abroad. We speak to TSB Commercial Director Richard Davies to tell us more on their planned £100m injection of funds into the UK"s SME sector.
The team also take on, big banks calling for regulation of tech giants, Alipay's new ventures into cashless European tourism, Penta's funding round, the death of the chatbot, the UX revolution in banking that might have passed you by, and how out of date computer systems are allowing hackers to hit the jackpot.
We hope you enjoy the show - spread the word, tell your friends and don't forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If you want to get in touch, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @FintechInsiders and follow us on Facebook.
- US shares claw back ground and finish up on day - BBC News
- Bitcoin braces for worst week since 2013
- How U.S. can avoid U.K.’s mistakes in open banking
- Can TrueLayer be the UK's first open banking unicorn?
- Finance chiefs warn on Big Tech’s shift to banking
- TSB to invest £100m into UK’s SME sector
- China cracks down on tech credit scoring
- Alipay crosses Finnish line for cashless payments
- Penta, the German digital-only bank account for startups and SMEs, raises €2.2M seed
- Digit redesigning app and ditching chatbots
- The banking UX revolution happened when you weren't looking
- A number of 'jackpotting' hackers have stolen over $1 million from ATMs across the US
- Toptal - Hire Freelance Talent from the Top 3%