What a show we have for you this week and it's a week of firsts - MJ's first time in the hot seat to host the show - on her own, no less - and our very own Benedict Shegog from the 11:FS Pulse team makes his Fintech Insider debut.
So what's coming up on the show? David Cameron's back in business! US payments business, that is. The guys discuss his credentials for the job and why he might be acting like a Kardashian.
Have we seen the end of the banking heyday? And why might ex-Barclays boss Antony Jenkins be saying so? We also hear about Russian bitcoin bros and Putin's views on cryptocurrencies, suggesting that Russia's central bank may be next in line to introduce regulation.
We also caught up with Adam Dodds from Freetrade.io, the challenger stock broker, who shared their exciting news about achieving full FCA authorisation, and told us about their journey on the road to disrupting the stock trading industry.
The team discuss Venezuela's reliance on cash and how it's stoking inflation. And how on earth will China give citizens a score based on their trustworthiness? Should they? Will they?
Also on today's show: Monzo fending off one takeover offer per month; Starling's latest app feature; Zopa building a new bank; Zazu crowdfunding a digital bank; and why it's finally been shown that Siri is a simpleton!
Enjoy the show! Spread the word, tell all your friends and don't forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If you want to get in touch, drop us a line at email@example.com or on Twitter @FintechInsiders and follow us on Facebook.
- David Cameron takes job with US electronic payments firm
- Ex-Barclays boss Antony Jenkins: the heyday of banking will never return
- Russia’s Putin sounds alarm over risks of cryptocurrencies
- Putin And Ethereum: A Match Made In Fintech
- Venezuela has too much money but not nearly enough cash
- The Chinese government wants to give every citizen a score based on their trustworthiness
- London fintech star Monzo is fending off one takeover offer each month
- Starling Bank launches goals (saving / virtual pots feature)
- Zopa CEO Jaidev Janardana on building a new bank
- Zambia’s Zazu begins crowdfunding to launch digital bank
- It’s official-Siri is a simpleton
- EU investigates possible Dutch and Polish blocking of fintech services