In this episode:
In an episode packed full of guests and news, we kick off with Tandem's takeover of Harrods bank - where did they get the money and what's their next move? Next up is Australia's latest move to make bitcoin an official currency as they continue to fight to become a leader in blockchain, and is bitcoin the key to Chinese investment?
Are Monzo the friendliest bank in Britain as yet again they reap praise from open, honest and prompt user communications following another outage. Are SoftBank vying to become the first investor to fund multiple world dominating companies? Are they the best at spotting new unicorns?
They also talk Chinese giants - WeChat and Alipay as Chinese banks look to regulate fintechs, and is data the new oil? Reliable data that can be shared, is the new commodity companies want in on.
And finally, what is ethical hacking?
All this and more in this week's show.
We hope you’re enjoying FinTech Insider – don’t forget to tell a friend about us and please leave us a review on iTunes.
- Tandem Bank acquire Harrods Bank! | Fintech Finance
- Lawmakers Want to See Bitcoin Become an Official Currency in Australia - CoinDesk
- Traditional banks still standing despite fintech revolution - The Scotsman
- Monzo CEO apologies for 'unacceptable' outages and tells customers to carry a backup card - Business Insider
- A running list of SoftBank's tech investments - Business Insider
- People’s Bank of China Has Fintech on Its Mind
- Master’s Degree Final Major Project: Theoretical Design Improvements and new Concepts — Monzo.
- Banks to fintech talent: No need for Shoreditch switch
- How Flutterwave wants to change payments in Africa - Jul. 31, 2017
- WannaCry hero Marcus Hutchins 'prevented from working by US bail terms'