In this episode
Is FinTech failing? We discuss this clickbait-y headline which made the rounds recently. We also talk to Lawrence Wintermeyer, CEO of Innovate Finance, to get insight on their latest report that says investment in UK FinTech startups dropped by 33.7% in 2016. Other news: WeChat to (see what we did there? James Lloyd, Asia-Pacific FinTech Leader at EY, about the 46 billion digital red packets WeChat users sent over Lunar New Year; and Anna Irrera, a journalist at Reuters, updates us on what’s happening with Dodd-Frank.
News this week
- Tech City News – Investment in UK FinTech startups ‘drops by 33.7% in 2016′ – Link
- The 2016 VC FinTech Investment Landscape by Innovate Finance Innovate Finance’s Global Summit is April 10-11 in London. FinTech Insider will be recording there, and FinTech Insider listeners get a 30% discount if they register for tickets using the discount code FinTechInsider.
- Coin Telegraph – Switzerland Set to Ease Finance Regulations, Support Blockchain Innovation – Link
- Reuters – WeChat Users Send 46 billion digital red packets over Lunar New Year – Link
- technode – How Chinese Mobile Payments are Quietly Conquering the World – Link
- Forbes – 3 Reasons Fintech Is Failing – Link
- Wall Street Journal – Fintech Startups Want to Save One Key Page of Dodd-Frank – Link
- Business Insider – 19 Laptops Containing Customer Information Have Been Stolen from FinTech Company GoCardless – Link
- efinancial careers – Five Crazy Start-Up Ideas in FinTech now – Link
- Finovate 2017 Winners
The post Ep212 – News: Is FinTech Failing? Dodd-Frank. And Everything Goes Back to Cannabis. appeared first on 11FS.
The post Ep212 – News: Is FinTech Failing? Dodd-Frank. And Everything Goes Back to Cannabis. appeared first on 11:FS.