In this episode, Ali Paterson, Editor of Fintech Finance; Valentina Kristensen, Head of Marketing & PR at Oak North; & Tanya Andreasyan, Editor of Banking Technology join hosts David, Jason and Simon to discuss the last week's news including:
Uber's data hack and alleged payoff to the hackers to delete the data; BBVA's iris scanner for mobile phone security which opens up a debate about biometrics and security overall; and as Garmin kick off contactless payments in their watches, it kicks off in the room about card payments vs smart payments, Jason is adamant that card payments are not broken and vetoes similar stories in future.
Also, as Tencent's valuation overtakes Facebook for the first time, they discuss the contest between Tencent and Alibaba as well as its competition around the world - is Tencent a threat to the west?
They also take on the Revolut founder's latest statements around how he hires and his expectations in the work place - causing a diatribe from Valentina attacking these sentiments that earns a round of applause in the room.
They also cover: EU Passporting as Starling is accepted into the EU payments system, Barnier says Brexit could cause UK banks to lose their passports, Atom's latest fund raising and Curve makes its bank cards available to all.
Enjoy the show! Spread the word, tell your friends and don't forget to leave us a review on iTunes.
If you want to get in touch, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @FintechInsiders and follow us on Facebook.
- Uber Concealed Cyberattack That Exposed 57 Million People’s Data
- BBVA to Launch Mobile Iris Scanner Through Partnership With Samsung
- Garmin Goes Live with Contactless Payment Feature for Latest Smartwatch
- Tencent on global path as it surpasses Facebook in valuation
- EU’s Barnier Says Brexit Means Banks Lose EU Passporting
- Starling takes the challenger fight to big banks with European and wholesale push
- Digital challenger Atom Bank is seeking to raise millions more funding from investors, including BBVA, Woodford and Toscafund
- Our culture is 'about getting s**t done': The Revolut founder on why his people work 12-13 hours a day
- Thank You Fintech Insider Listeners! | Huel